1. Parent participation is preferred for all Music for Young Children classes (except the Music My Choice class for 10 to 13 year-olds). If you must be away during the lesson, please notify the teacher. Parents are welcome to stay during private lessons but this is not mandatory.
2. A tuned piano or touch-sensitive keyboard is required for students to practice on at home.
3. The registration fee and completed form is required to reserve your child’s space in class. Lesson fees are payable monthly, per term, or for the full year, and invoices will be provided by email. Payment is required for each month at the first lesson of the month. You may pay by cash, cheque, or electronic payment. Lesson fees include full access to the Piano Maestro app. Fees are charged per lesson and billed monthly (quarterly and other intervals are available - ask the teacher).
4. For MYC classes: In the event of a missed class you will be emailed the homework sheet. There are no refunds for missed classes except those cancelled by the teacher, or for legitimate reasons on your part. For private lessons, makeup credits or invoice adjustments will be offered for cancelled lessons, at the discretion of the teacher. I travel for work from time to time and occasionally need to cancel a lesson.
5. The studio follows school holidays at Christmas and Spring Break.
6. Parents and students will address the instructor as Mrs. Higgins in class.
7. Parents are asked to refrain from visiting during group classes. Be sure to pay attention in class and take notes on new concepts presented to ensure maximum learning takes place for you and your child. Have fun – enthusiasm is contagious!
8.Thank you for being on time for class. We start on time no matter what – thank you for your help!
9. Practice is essential to success. I’m pleased to provide incentives to motivate and encourage. Students will be best prepared and experience maximum success when practice routines are established five times per week for the suggested duration. Parents agree to ensure this practice routine is established and maintained. It is also expected that your child will have your assistance. Parent participation is the key – we appreciate you!
10. Most importantly, your child is important to me. I want them to learn music but most of all I want them to develop a love for music. I aim to keep in touch with you on a regular basis to monitor your child’s progress and to provide encouragement and support along the way.
11. Should you wish to withdraw from lessons before the year is done, please discuss first with the teacher. At least one month’s notice is required for private lessons. For MYC classes, two months notice. Your space has been reserved for the entire year in MYC classes, and a new student cannot start in that space.
12. New in 2019-2020: lesson 6-packs. Purchase 6 lessons, and choose from available time slots to fit your schedule. Inquire for more details.